Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Little Penguin

Brand: The Little Penguin
Varietal: Pinot Noir
Vintage: 2005
Origin: Southeastern Australia
Haha, so I'm going to admit, up front, that the label was just too adorable to NOT try. Plus, I do like Australian wines, in general, and Pinot Noir in specific. This was a very drinkable wine, a bit spicy, but overall, went down REALLY smooth. On the cheaper side, definitely - this wine was clearly aiming for the masses. I read an article awhile back about how wine labels influence women more than men (we're more aesthetically inclined) and I can see the targetting efforts quite clearly (this is what business school will do to you!). The wine went alright with my dinner (yes, sometimes I do have them) which was some pot roast, mashed potatoes and gravy - but I'm guessing it'd pair well with any beef dish. Mediocre, but a still a good value for the price.

No comments: